Individual Immigration In The UK with the Assistance of our Immigration Lawyers

There are many paths to individual immigration in the UK and in most cases only one that applies to you or your family member. While you can apply for your visa or residency on your own, you exponentially increase your odds of success by working with a solicitor who specialises in immigration. Gulbenkian Andonian Solicitors has an extensive experience in immigration and is considered one of the best immigration lawyers in London. Here are the most common paths to UK individual immigration – personal visas, citizenship, and residency.

Spouse Or Marriage Visa

You qualify for a spouse or marriage visa you marry a UK citizen or resident who has no current immigration restrictions. Once obtained, you are eligible to work and study without the need for an employment or business visa. You must be 18 years of age and legally married with the intention to live together permanently. Your sponsoring partner (spouse) must earn more than £18,600 annually and/or you or your partner must have enough money to support yourself without claiming public funds. You will also need to satisfy English language requirements. Our highly qualified immigration lawyers will assist you in obtaining your spouse or marriage related visa.

Fiancé Visa

If you are engaged to be married, you may not want to wait until you are married to apply for a spouse visa. The requirements for a fiancé visa are almost identical to the spouse visa requirements. However, you are not required to live together until you are married. You will have 6 months before you must get married, at which time you can apply for a spouse visa—which will provide you with eligibility to work and study.

Tier 4 Visa – UK Individual Immigration

Tier 4 General For PhDs

Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Ph.D. visas help to bridge the gap between completing your Ph.D. and finding employment in the UK under Tier 1 or 2. You must be sponsored by an eligible University and must apply within 60 days of obtaining your degree. This will grant you 12 months to achieve your employment (such as a medical internship) or entrepreneurial goals. This provides the opportunity for more work experience before returning to your home country, or the time required to launch a new business in the UK with the applicable business visa.

Tier 4 Child Visa

Children between the ages of 4 and 17 years of age, who plan to study at an independent school in the UK must apply for a Tier 4 Child visa—which differs from the standard collegiate student visa. This visa takes approximately 3 weeks to confirm and requires you to have consent from your parents, acceptance to an independent fee-based school, and proof of the finances required to cover costs of living and tuition. Depending on the length of your studies, you can arrive either 1 week or 1 month before your schooling begins—and remain up to 4 months afterward.

Parents Of A Tier 4 Child Visa

Some parents will send their child to school on a Tier 4 child visa independently, but some plan on coming with their child. If this is the case, parents will need to apply for a parents visa. This will grant access for 6 months at a time, with the possibility of 12-month extensions until their youngest child reaches the age of 12—at which point parents have shorter visa options. To be eligible students must attend an independent fee-based day school.

Sole Responsibility Visa

If you are a British citizen who will be moving back to the UK with family, blended family members, or would like to sponsor family members—you must apply for a sole responsibility visa. The qualifications and criteria will vary depending upon who you are sponsoring; parents, spouse, children, stepchildren etc.

UK Visit Visas — For Individuals And Family Members

Our immigration lawyers will assist you to obtain UK Visit Visa with ease. There are many reasons to visit the UK. If the individual immigration visas above don’t quite capture your visit to the UK, a Visit visa may be the right fit. Depending on your country of origin and the length of your stay, you or your family members may not require a visa. For example, if you are a citizen or resident of Canada, and will be visiting family for less than 90 days all you need is a passport. However, if you would like to extend your visit for up to 6 months you would need a Visit visa. Again, requirements vary by country of origin. In some cases, Visit visas can be acquired for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years—with a maximum of 6 months per visit or calendar year.

As you can see, there is much to consider when applying for UK individual immigration in the UK. To ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications and apply for the appropriate visa, reach out to a member of the Gulbenkian Andonian Solicitors team today. As the best immigration lawyers in London, we will identify the most suitable, easiest, and fastest path to immigration.