NEW Tier 1 Innovator Visa (March 2019)
A big UK Immigration change which came into effect on 29 March 2019 was the creation of the new Tier 1 Innovator Visa which replaced the Tier 1 entrepreneur visa.
The Tier 1 Innovator Visa is being created to accommodate more established business people.
In order to apply for this visa option:
- Applicants must invest £50,000 (reduced from the £200,000 needed for the entrepreneur visa) into their business and will be exempt from this requirement if they are switching over from a Tier 1 UK Start-up Visa.
- If you are successful you will be granted leave for 3 years at a time and can also bring your family members (spouses/partners and children under 18) to the country.
- As an innovator, you must work entirely on developing your business idea and can not work for other employers.
- After 3 years, as an innovator, you can apply to extend your stay for a further 3 years or to settle permanently in the UK.
- A statement on the upcoming changes outlines three specific endorsement criteria to be eligible for a UK Innovator Visa, including:
- Innovation – You as an applicant need to have an original and innovative idea and this must be demonstrated in your business plan.
- Viability – You as an applicant must be able to show that you have the necessary skill, responsible mindset and knowledge to run a business properly.
- Scalability – You as an applicant must have evidence to show that you are capable of structured planning and the potential for job creation and growth for the UK national and global markets
Gulbenkian Andonian Solicitors has an exceptional legal team that can help you with advice that covers the new UK Tier 1 Innovator Visa. We can assess your business idea, assess your business plan and also your viability status. We will also take care of all the relevant documentation surrounding your case and happily advise you on the best route to take for yourself and your business interests.
Why choose Gulbenkian Andonian for your UK Visa needs?
Established in 1985, our firm has the reputation of being the best immigration law firm in London and one of the top immigration law firms in the UK. We are very much up to date with all new UK visa categories including the Start-Up and Innovator Visas and will be able to guide you with confidence through your application process.