What is the Civil Partner Visa – 5 Year Route
The 5-year route to a UK Civil Partner VISA is the most common route and the one that you should be considering if you wish to live in the UK with your partner of British Citizenship. If you think that you will be eligible to submit an application, Gulbenkian Andonian can provide you with expert legal advice.
What are the Criteria?
To be eligible for a 5-year UK Proposed Civil Partner Visa, UK Visas and Immigration will need to be satisfied about the following points:
- Your Partner holds Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or they hold British Citizenship
- You and your partner have met in person and you can evidence this
- You and your partner intend to live with each in the UK
- Your relationship is real and can be evidenced
- You are both over the age of 18
- You have arranged suitable accommodation for both you and your partner and any subsequent dependants
- You are both free to enter into a civil partnership
- Neither of you are in any other relationship except with each other
- You both speak English and can understand the English language to the required amount
- It is your intention to enter into a civil partnership within six months of your arrival in the UK
- You can evidence you will be financially maintained in the UK without relying on public funds
If you are concerned about this criteria or require further legal advice, contact Gulbenkian Andonian today for expert advice and guidance.
Also please note that if you do not qualify for the 5 Year Route, there is also a 10 Year Route, contact us to find out more.
What is Acceptable Evidence of Passing the English Language Requirement?
You can meet the requirement if you have one of the following:
- Passed an English language test at B1 level or above which is on the approved UKVI list
- You have an English Language degree or you have done provable research in English.
How can Gulbenkian Andonian Help with my Application?
Applying for any type of VISA is legally complex and like any lawful document, comes with specific criteria that needs to be correct and is crucial to a successful application. Gulbenkian Andonian will not only guide you through your application, but they will also:
- Prepare a cover letter to support your application and introduce you as a weighty applicant when switching into a civil partner visa.
- Discuss important details and instructions directly from you, to advise you with accuracy on relevant immigration laws and procedures that are adopted by the Home Office, UKVI into your application for UK civil partner visa
- Assess your application in-depth, advising you on any weaknesses that may arise in your UK civil partner visa and any strengths that you should highlight in more detail
- Advise you on the documentary evidence that you will need to submit in support of your UK civil partner VISA application
- Keep you updated with any changes to your application and notified as soon as there is a change in its status, liaising directly with the Home Office for a timely decision
- Complete all of the necessary follow up work until a decision is reached
Ask A Civil Partner Visa Lawyer London
If you believe that you may be eligible for the 5-year route, contact Gulbenkian Andonian today for no-obligation advice. Gulbenkian Andonian will assess your situation and they will be able to tell you almost immediately if they believe you have credible cause for an FLP (FP) application. They can then walk you through everything that you will need to add weight to your application, as well as deal with all of the legalities and complexities of the form for you, to give you the best chance of success. Don’t chance happiness, contact Gulbenkian Andonian for reassurance and genuine help with the law to help you to get your life back on track.